ALL SERVICES AT BACK AT IT ARE OPEN!
UPDATE: July 10th, 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
Massage Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine & Acupuncture Services are all available.
Although Alberta guidelines have changed effective July 1st, Back At It is NOT ready to make changes yet. The nature of our business means that we don’t have a choice to distance ourselves. Therefore, we will continue with the guidelines that we have been following and will reassess at a later date.
What does this mean?
- Masks are still mandatory in our clinics for Therapists and Clients
- All of our COVID disinfecting protocols will remain in place
We’ve worked so incredibly hard during this pandemic to keep our therapists and clients safe. We have high expectations that our clients will help protect us too!
The nature of our work is within 2 meters therefore it is imperative that we operate our clinics with extremely high standards.
We feel that transparency is essential to operating our business. It is important for you the client, to understand what goes on behind the scenes. We hope that by reading this we will instill confidence in you, that we are doing our best to keep you safe.
Safe Practice Guidelines For Back At Therapists:
- No Group bookings at this time, please ask to book individually online so each person can read & sign the COVID-19 waiver.
- We will accept our usual methods of payments. If handling cash please wash hands directly after handling the cash.
- Your thoughts on covid and safety may be different than your colleagues and clients. You MUST be considerate of others around you.
- Clients must put clothes in bins in the treatment rooms. Bins must be sanitized after each client.
- Daily records to be signed and dated at the start and end of shifts- ‘Therapist self assessment’ and ‘Disinfecting Report’.
- At this time we are NOT offering intra-oral TMJ treatments. Despite association guidelines Back At It will not offer TMJ intra-oral Treatment under any circumstances.
We have gone over every scenario that our procedures are based on, assuming clients do NOT have COVID-19. Pre-screening with a phone call for first time clients, signing waivers every treatment from clients and therapists, extensive NEW hand hygiene & disinfectant protocols & changes in scheduling is our due diligence, however unknown circumstances could arise. We understand that this plan is not fool proof and we cannot fully guarantee that these guidelines will cover every scenario and 100% protect you from transmitting or contracting COVID-19. If you are unclear about any policies or procedures just ask for clarification.
- DO NOT come to the clinic if you have any cold or flu like symptoms Regardless of Alberta Health Guidelines, Back At It’s standard is that no one with cold or flu symptoms may come to work or receive treatments. This is to stop the spread of common cold and flu, which could potentially force more therapists to take time off. We also don’t want our clients to see a therapist with symptoms and question whether or not we are taking this seriously.
- Back At It will not treat clients with ANY cold or flu like symptoms
- If you have a condition that has similar symptoms as COVID-19 such as allergies, asthma, sinus infection, you must contact your doctor to get a note.
Therapists Must Self Assess Each Shift, Upon Arrival To The Clinic
- Therapists must Sign and date ‘The Therapist Self Assessment Form’ each shift indicating the therapist has self assessed and does not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Clients Have Been Provided With This Info:
We have taken some measures to keep our patients and therapists safe.
- A phone call must be made to EVERY NEW client to COVID prescreen prior to entering the clinic.
- Our online Jane system automatically emails clients 2 hours before appointment time to fill out self assessment form.
- Client’s must always wear a mask.
- We ask the client to: Only come into the clinic five minutes before appointment (or wait outside or in car)
Sanitization: We have created a clinic-wide policy with strict disinfecting rules.
PPE: Our therapists will be following the guidelines set by Alberta Health and associated associations.
Face Mask Protocols
- Surgical masks are MANDATORY for therapists. Reusable masks are not allowed to be worn by therapists in the clinic.
- Masks for clients are mandatory.
- Clients refusing to wear masks will be refused treatment.
- As per normal laundry-washer & dryer must be on HIGH HEAT – above 60 degrees.
- All clients MUST sign a waiver EVERY visit. Waivers are emailed to the client 2 hours berfore appointment.
Protocol If Client Or Therapist Has Tested Positive For COVID-19
- We will be contacted by Alberta Health Services (AHS) or the client/Therapist directly. Direct this person to management immediately.
- We will provide all of the necessary information for contact tracing from JANE (our online booking system), the Therapist Self Assessment Form and the client waivers .
- AHS will contact all of the necessary persons exposed to COVID-19:
- By law, you must self-isolate for at least 14 days, even if you do not have any symptoms.
- If you get any symptoms, you must stay in self-isolation for 10 days after your symptoms appear.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with you must also, by law, self isolate for at least 14 days and watch for symptoms.
- We will stay in close contact with our therapists and clients regarding their health, mental health status and return to work protocols.