WHAT IS INCLUDED IN AN ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT?
Here is your step-by-step guide:
- Sit down discussion of treatment plan
- Tongue diagnosis
- Pulse diagnosis
- Intake form – which we will complete together
- Treatment Modalities
Modalities may include any of the following:
- Acupuncture or Acupressure
- Herbal prescription
- Dietary recommendation
- Tuning Forks / Acutonics
- Gua Sha
Acupuncture is the insertion of very fine, flexible, sterile needles at specific points throughout the body. Acupuncture works with our inner switchboard – or the way our body communicates with itself to promote and maintain good health.
Does it hurt? Some clients feel a slight prick as the needles are inserted but others feel nothing at all. There is a general feeling of relaxation once all the needles are in place.
Suction cups are placed on the body. The cups may be left in one position or slid across the skin to affect a larger area. This technique is used to relieve muscle tension, decrease pain and increase circulation and much more.
It doesn’t hurt, but feels strange at first. The cups can leave a temporary purple or red mark on the skin which can last anywhere between 1-7 days.
From pain to sleep disturbances to low energy, herbal treatment has been used in Chinese Medicine for centuries.
Herbs are only used on a case-by-case basis since not all clients require this form of treatment.
Chinese Herbal Medicine is a safe, powerful and non-invasive modality used to promote better health and proper function in the body.
You have may seen athletes on TV with colourful stripes of tape on their Body. You may have even had it applied on yourself. That’s Kinesio- tape. It is a highly specialized type of elastic tape, designed to dynamically assist muscle function and stimulate specific bodily systems when applied in specific ways.
This technique uses a tool to gently scrape the surface of the skin. Done over acupuncture points, meridians, or any tight band of muscle or irritated tendon, this technique increases circulation and stimulates the body’s own healing response.
NO NEEDLES? NO PROBLEM
We know that not everyone is a fan of acupuncture needles.
Back At It’s Acupuncturists offer a no needles treatment.
We offer a full Acupressure Treatment
We can incorporate other modalities during a treatment that do not include needles, such as cupping, Gua Shua, magnets and Acutonics
We direct bill for most insurance plans & these modalities are covered
frequently asked questions
- Provides drug-free pain relief
- Effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- Treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- Provides a holistic approach to the treatment of disease and illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- Assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well-being
Acupuncture can be used effectively in:
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Blood pressure problems
- Boost Immune system READ MORE HERE
- Breech position in pregnancy
- Induction of labor
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Insomnia READ MORE HERE
Neurological and musculo-skeletal disorders:
- Headache and migraine READ MORE HERE
- Pareses following a stroke
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Sequelae of poliomyelitis (early stage i.e. within six months)
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- Nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting)
- Intercostal neuralgia “Frozen shoulder”, “Tennis elbow”
- Low-back pain